The Aerobika Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) device is a drug-free, easy to use, hand-held device with a proprietary pressure-oscillation dynamic that provides intermittent resistance, creating positive pressure oscillations during patient exhalation.
The Aerobika device can assist with opening weak or collapsed airways and can help to thin and loosen mucus, enabling it to move to the larger airways of your lungs, where it can be coughed out.
The Aerobika device is clinically supported to:
- Open the smaller airways
- Improve mucus clearance
- Decrease cough frequency
- Reduce breathlessness
- Improve exercise tolerance
- Improve quality of life
It is also:
- Drug free, natural airway clearance
- Easy to use, clean and disinfect
- Compatible with nebulizer therapy
- 5 resistance settings to adjust to each patient’s expiratory capacity
- Backed by clinical evidence
- Not Made or Manufactured with BPA, Natural Rubber Latex, Phthalates, Lead, or PVC
Use Active Exhalation
Active exhalation can best be described as the type of effort required to start blowing up a balloon - but is not as forceful as blowing out candles. Keep your cheeks flat as you exhale.
Try a 'Huff Cough'
A 'huff cough' will help move mucus up and out of your lungs. Just like when you use your breath to create fog on a mirror, you would take a short, shallow breath and exhale forcefully with your mouth in an 'O' shape. Contact your healthcare professional if you need help with the proper technique.